Monday, April 14, 2008

creativity

Look at these dahlias! They are like fireworks! It's totally out of season, because they bloom in August, but I was scrolling through photos and was caught by their unrestrained exuberance! Some things cannot be contained. I think creativity is like that - it just finds its way out of us.

I know so many talented people. I have one friend who says she's not creative, but she has the most effortlessly beautiful home I've ever seen. My friend Cyndy inspires me endlessly, daily, with her photography, her scrapbook layouts and her amazing ability to find what's new and great to share with me. Others play an instrument, paint, teach, even combine clothing pieces in beautiful ways. Still others love to cook and entertain. Some manage to do all of these things - living a beautiful life is so much a part of who they are. They all inspire me to try new things, to branch out, to wonder if that is something I can do too.

One of the most wonderfully creative times I have had was as a student of interior design. I have half a diploma! Even though I didn't finish, I gained so much, and was part of a group of amazingly talented people for that period of time. It gave me the confidence to make creativity a part of my daily life.

Today, I am inspired to play around with pretty gemstones... I am thinking about some new jewelery designs. Stay tuned for more jewelery posts.

What inspires you today?

No comments: