Monday, January 12, 2009

travel

"live,
travel,
adventure,
bless,
and
don't be sorry"

-Jack Kerouac

home. nest. i am firmly rooted to place. always have been. I despise moving.
yet.
I have a very strong need to explore the world and learn. I have been places that expand my soul, that are what I've dreamed about. the boys have turned out to be great travellers. we are all up for a good adventure and enjoy planning our trips.

here's what i think travel gives back to us
  • an opportunity to think differently
  • see things in a new way
  • move out of the ordinary
  • see how life is both the same and different elsewhere
  • test your resources and problem solving skills
  • find out how well you can "go with the flow"
  • discover more about yourself and what moves you
  • find beauty in unexpected places
  • develop a new appreciation for the history of things
  • connect with each other without the intrusion of everyday distractions

No comments: