Monday, May 25, 2009

16 random things about me


you know I like scrapbooking,
but did you know that…

I took piano lessons in grade 6 and 7, so I can read music and play a few songs - enough to impress my kids with a little bit of Beethoven

I had braces and glasses at the same time - kiss of death for a 13 year old girl’s confidence

I never ate the crusts on my sandwiches (sometimes I still don’t…)

I had an ice cream sandwich every day for my entire grade 9 year and somehow never weighed more than 90 pounds

I don’t really like to eat clams. They always seem gritty.

I love the smell of the brown desert hills of the okanagan first thing on a cool morning when the sun comes up and after a sparse rain

I’m not fond of critters, but I have been known to pick up spiders and snakes - bitty garden ones - and carefully put them back outside where they belong

Ooh la la… I totally fell in love with the French language at the age of 9 - such a beautiful mystery and a whole new set of words to learn - how wonderful for a lover of words

I despised cottage cheese - mostly on principle - until I was 12. Then I changed my mind. Go figure.

I honestly never ate a piece of pizza in my life until I was probably 10 or 11 years old. My parents still think of pizza as exotic, I’m sure.

We spent every summer of my childhood roaming, swimming, biking, washing it all down with lots of Tang

You don’t know pain unless you’ve had a surprise attack by cacti in the back of your leg when you least expect it - a common occurrence on any walk more than a few metres from the house

I can’t stand anything made with caraway

My favourite colour is blue (but don’t let all my other favourites know…. I really just love colour)

My father is Dutch. My mother was born in Saskatchewan to American parents who went there from Nebraska to farmstead in the 1920’s. My father came to Canada in 1954. They met in 1961 and married 6 months later. I arrived in 1965.

I had a wonderful big fat orange cat named Morris (not very original, but at least I didn’t know about Garfield yet…) and a loyal dog named Poochie Putt Putt.

No comments: