Saturday, June 27, 2009

for today...



outside my window... there is a cool rain falling… it’s a blustery day in June – right when the peonies and lilies are at their finest, a big storm blows through and they are finished – i'm so glad we took the time to photograph them last weekend - we have stunning images to remember their intense beauty

i am thinking... about having to pack up my scrap supplies - sigh...

i am thankful for... kind and generous friends who let us stay at their house while we are getting our floors refinished

from the kitchen... Not much exciting happening these days- anything super easy... but amazingly today there is a yummy smell of bbq sauce and chicken coming from the oven

i am wearing...
jeans, a green striped t-shirt and my fave stripey sweater from Gap – thankfully I threw a few warmer things in my bag after I checked the forecast and found our about rain predicted for today; I did however, forget about putting a rainjacket in…

i am creating...
an image of our new house in my mind and mulling over my ideas for colours

i am going... to go to bed early tonight!!

i am reading...
13 ways of Looking at the Novel, by Jane Smiley. An intellectual challenge – what is a novel? What is its purpose? What 100 books typify the form?
i am hoping... we get the house on the market soon

i am hearing... u2 with or without you

around the house... it looks as if a bomb may have gone off… family room furniture is piled up in the middle of the roomso the floor can be re-done, there are half-packed boxes everywhere, closets are getting emptied...

one of my favorite things... is having a cup of tea and having a pile of cooking or scrapbooking magazines to browse

a few plans for the rest of the week... meeting at the new house on Monday, work to do at school on Tuesday, Canada Day on Wednesday, more school work on Thursday, errands and appointments on Friday

a picture to share...

No comments: