Monday, April 7, 2008

happy spring

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder
he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it"
- Rachel Carson
One of my favourite pages. Inspired by a Fontwerks layout. Love the stamps and the flowers. Jonah - he was 11 - took the photo summer before last in an empty lot down the street where poppies and daisies had seeded themselves.


From my garden, a camellia

I remember spending many hours wandering the fields behind our place when I was growing up. Even then, I could feel my senses expand and revel in being out-of-doors. I needed that time to wander and observe, to inhale, to bend down low and find something exquisite growing in that dry landscape, amid the cactus and the sand and the craggy sage. But if it rained! The sage became fragrant and the earth, too. My soul is connected to land, to earth, and when I don't remember to spend time outside I am depleted. I am so glad it is spring - I am hungry for time outdoors.

No comments: