Monday, April 7, 2008

musings


I know when I struggle the most against myself it is when I am trying too hard and am allowing myself to be impatient. Things take time to become clearer. I have to accept that and remember to allow time to work its magic in me. I found these words today - they were just what I needed.

"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.
Rainer Maria Rilke

2 comments:

Erin Kuhns said...

The photograph of the trees first caught my eye, then my breath.

I then read what you wrote, including the quote. I needed to see/read this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Erin

glamourgirl said...

thanks erin! My hope is to use my blog to share the beauty of words and images that i find inspiring - i'm glad you do too!