Thursday, August 21, 2008

hold on to summer


Well that picture pretty much sums it up! We had a lot of fun this summer and spent so much time on the boat. I used to make all these self-improvement plans for the summer and have all these Ideas of things I wanted to accomplish... somehow, though, it has dawned on me (I'm a little slow - other people had this figured out long ago) that summer is more about connecting with family and friends than it is about any creative product. It's a good time to have fun, soak up the warm days and nights, and let creativity be nurtured by simmering ideas without any pressure to DO something. Will I come back to September refreshed? I sure hope so!

some more photos:

Something about summer just brings out our vitality - it seems easier to look good and feel good (oh vanity...)

Happy Canada Day! Elijah plastered himself with no less than 19 tattoos - patriotic boy!
Looking back toward Ladysmith on our way to Poet's Cove one evening. These are the scenes that remain in my mind when I think about being on the water. Is there a more beautiful place on this earth?

Oh how flattering the evening light is - everything glows with health (and wrinkles are a little less obvious)
More photos to come, especially of our annual August Loudspeaker tour in Desolation Sound and beyond.

No comments: